Have you ever wondered what it would be like to touch a stingray, a shark, a turtle or even a fish? Well, you should stop by the San Antonio Aquarium. This place is geared towards children and is extremely interactive. My kids give it a 4.5 on the Traveling with Kidz Fun Scale.
- Touching the Stingrays was the highlight of the trip. They have a large touch tank with several stingrays of all sizes. It seemed that the stingrays loved the interaction because they kept coming up to the children so that they could touch them. My children enjoyed this and couldn’t get over the fact that the stingrays felt really squishy but cool at the same time. Well, if you thought touching the stingrays was a treat then you will love the idea of being able to feed them. You can purchase stingray food at the aquarium too. If you would like a little bit of more stingray interaction you can snorkel with the stingray at the aquarium.
- Touching the sharks was the second favorite. The children get to touch seven little leopard sharks in the aquarium. This was cool even though they were small it was still totally awesome to say we touched a shark.
- Touching the turtles was also interesting. They are in an old boat with water. There were 5 in the exhibit but the only thing we could touch was their shell.
- Touching the pond fish was a bit trickier than the other animals, simply because they would swim away as soon as they saw you coming. Just like the sting rays you can purchase food to feed them.
- The play area for little kids was fun too especially if you have younger children. They had a play kitchen, a large block area, castle tents and other table toys. This would be great for kids ages 1-5 years old.
- Looking at dinosaur models is something that you might like doing. They had dinosaurs, alligators, and prehistoric lizards.
7. Jumping around in the moon jump area is an activity that your child might like to do. However, it is not included with the admission fee. It is an additional $3 to join in on the fun. If you do opt for the moon jump please remember to take your child a pair of socks.
- Looking at snakes is something your children might enjoy. The aquarium is home to not just one but two yellow anacondas. They also have various small snakes. When we went they had the opportunity to touch the snake. Of course, my children said yes along with many others.
- Searching for bones in Sandpit is a nice relaxing activity that children can engage in They get the opportunity to search for giant dinosaur bones. Then they get to bury the bones and search for others.
All in all a trip to the San Antonio Aquarium is well worth it! Your children will enjoy hours of fun !!!
If you enjoyed this post and would like to follow us please subscribe……