Have you ever heard of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye? We hadn’t until we got the GO Orlando GO Card and it was listed there. As soon as we read about it I knew that it was something we HAD to try out. Just incase you haven’t heard of it here are a few fun facts we learned about the Coca Cola Orlando Eye.
- Did you know that the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye is the tallest observational wheel on the United States East Coast? It is 400 feet tall! Since it is so tall you could see for miles.
- Each of the 30 capsules weigh 6,600 pounds, or the average weight of an Indian elephant. Overall, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye weighs approximately three million pounds!!! Just to put it into some perspective for you that is the equivalent to 300 school buses!
- Another plus is that the day we went there was no waiting. We just showed up had them scan our Go Orlando Go pass and that was it. ( They do have add ons like Sea Life and Madame Tussauds tickets.)They do ask you to stop for a photo op but I said we weren’t interested ( I never buy them so I have started just not taking them) and just processed to the eye.
- It takes about 30 minutes for one rotation. So it goes around very slowly. This is a good thing because you can look out and spot places very easily. And because it’s going so slow it’s not a scary ride at all. My little ones were glued to the glass enjoying the view the whole time.
- In the pod there is A LOT of room. All 8 of us fit in there with room to spare. Each party has there own pod. In the pods there are two iPads with surrounding key points of interest and information on them. If you are lucky enough to get a red pod you will find an ice chest filled with drinks for you to enjoy score!
I will leave you with this last piece of advice. It took us 4 days of rainy weather before we were finally able to ride the Orlando Coca-Cola Eye. This is because they will not open if there is bad weather in the area, just like the amusements park rides. They do have an Open Status Hotline: 407-270-8644 where you can call and check on the status. This was helpful for us. All in all we totally recommend it!